Sunday 12 July 2020

Mixed Media Tag

Mixed Media Tag


I am sharing my recent work i.e. a mixed media tag inspired by the theme of current month’s challenge @nomadicsouldiaries .Inspiration quote of June month’s challenge is “Go out and paint the STARS”. So as a crafter and avid lover of artwork that particular quote awestruck me. This quote is from a poem inspired by a letter written by Vincent Van Gogh in context of his one of classic creations, ‘STARRY NIGHT’ where the legendary painter describing his needs for religion and when he needed that terribly he always went out and painted the stars. This is a wonderful metaphor as he described his deep concept of need of religion when he was being treated at an asylum.

My quote for this tag is “Finding a beautiful place to get lost’. Being an artist we all let our imaginations fly away from the day to day realities of mechanical life. We dwell with realities but at the time of creation, we escape to a dreamland of imagination to get lost momentarily.
I tried to ‘go out & paint’ and ‘get lost’ to find a beautiful place to convey my message through the elements, colours, textures.
I am participating for @nomadicsouldiaries June, 2020 challenge.

Products I have used for this tag are:- Sand texture paste @CrafTangles.

White heavy gesso @Papericious.

Used some sparkle gold, silver and white embossing powder for background of immix.

Few molds from Cogs and wings @Finnabair_studio .
Dew drops @icraft_design .

Tim holtz idealogy transparent wings.

Few other products from my stash.







No comments:

Post a Comment